on Manitoulin Island
with Audrey Jolly RP, MA, OSRP
For Individuals & Couples
These 3-day creativity and body-centered retreats will be customized to meet the specific needs of those who attend. I will have met and worked with you prior to your arrival and a plan for the retreat will be set.
During the 10 hours of in-session work we will dive into what’s blocking you from a deeper, more fulfilling connection with self and your partner which may include individual pieces of work as well as work on your relationship.
As we understand the beliefs, coping strategies, behavioral patterns and habits adopted from our families, communities and past relationships we are able to release the patterns that no longer serve us and develop ones that serve our current needs more effectively. We are then able to reboot our inner emotional lives, releasing ourselves of the burdens we carry from the past. This allows space for more emotional safety and healthier boundaries. It increases our capacity for creativity, pleasure and playfulness.
Taking a break from our hectic daily lives in a place filled with natural beauty, we use breath, meditation, movement, art and writing to ease into our physical bodies, creativity and our emotions. Curiosity is the approach we use to gently help us connect and discover what needs to heal. There are no prerequisites for these retreats only one’s desire to grow in a safe and loving environment.
Outside of our session time, additional exercises will be offered, but not compulsory. You may just want to hike, swim or go sightseeing on the island. The Cup & Saucer Trail and Bridal Veil Falls are short drives away.
Possible Goals & Desires for Couples:
• You may be desiring a deeper, more open, less guarded, safer, more trusting connection with yourself and your partner
• We may address vulnerability, transparency, sensuality and intimacy in the relationship
• We often need to free ourselves and the relationship from the toxic effects of shame, guilt, blame and judgment
• Communication skills may be taught to assist couples in feeling heard, seen and understood
• Learn to meet conflict within the relationship and disagree with each other without feeling disrespected, abandoned, unappreciated or unloved.
BIO - AUDREY JOLLY RP, MA, OSRP
• An RP with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) for 6 years
• A Clinical Member of the Ontario Society of Registered Psychotherapists (OSRP) for 15 years, in private practice for 18
• An MA in Interdisciplinary Studies, York University in Dance & Psychology
• Book Published in 2020, On the Back of the Wildebeest, The Healing Power of Creativity
My current work is informed by:
• An Advanced Training in Psychodramatic Bodywork with Susan Aaron
• A graduate of the Integral Healing Centre, Toronto with John Went (Client-Centered Psychotherapy, Bioenergetics, Energy Work)
• Training in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) with Gail Palmer, Sue Johnson and others
• Internal Family Systems Therapy (IFS) personal work with Sue McRae, IFS trainer and Richard Schwartz.
I am a visual and performing artist/healer who has spent a lifetime working on my own healing through a creative lens while helping others do the same.